Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More pictures from Ottawa

I've been going through my Lightroom library, doing some post-processing in my spare time, and have a few more pictures to post from Ottawa.  The first picture was underexposed because I had my camera in hand at night and the flash wasn't to enough illuminate it well at f/8 (I still wanted good depth of field, of course).  Exposure compensation brightened the whole thing up nicely, but I cranked the contrast up and dialed the saturation way down to get the dark feeling back.
Spiral stairs leading down to a path along the Rideau Canal
The next two were pictures were okay as shot, but not anything that I felt compelled to post up.  I decided to do some crop and colour work on them specifically with the idea of submitting them to a dpreview.com challenge for afternoon landscapes with buildings.
The National Gallery of Canada, as shot from behind Parliament if my memory serves me
Across the Ottawa River to Gatineau, QC
I ended up submitting the former, along with a picture I took when I was in Switzerland in 2005 (which is a trip and a set of pictures that will require a dedicated blog post at some point).  Voting on the challenge will be open in a week, I might post a link and beg for 5-star ratings!

No comments:

Post a Comment