Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ottawa through a lens

This isn't a new set of pictures, I visited Ottawa for a conference back in May, but as I flipped through them today I realized that I was far more impressed with some of these pictures than any I've taken in Edmonton.  (I also realized I'm narcissistic enough to be impressed by my own pictures, but that's neither here nor there).  I was actually a bit surprised, looking back, to see how well they turned out.  Besides the fact that I ventured out to take pictures after dark without a tripod, I hadn't taken any pictures besides of work pictures and family snapshots in months.

Apparently I did a couple of things right though, I went out without solid preconceived notions about my compositions (since I'd never been to Ottawa) and I took more pictures than I usually do (over the three photo sessions I did I took more than 250 pictures).  Even the tripod I didn't have when shooting at night turned out to be a good move since my search to find solid, level surfaces to support my camera resulted in some great pictures.

So where better to start than some low light pictures, I must have been something to watch as I looked for any post or rail, or any level surface, to put my camera on.  I'm only going to post up a few here, the set itself is in a Gallerama gallery.

Rideau Canal - Ottawa, ON - May 2010
Rideau Canal - Ottawa, ON - May 2010
Parliament Building over the Rideau Canal - Ottawa, ON - May 2010

Tulips - Ottawa, ON - May 2010

My daytime pictures were, for the most part, tourist fare.  As usual, there's more on Gallerama

Byward Market - Ottawa, ON - May 2010

Parliament Building - Ottawa, ON - May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment